Last Friday we had the pleasure of (finally) seeing Disclosure live. The UK duo, consisting of brothers Guy and Howard Lawrence, packed the house for a vibrant show of full of color and sound.
As much fun as we had, neither of us thought the show was without a few drawbacks. Our pros and cons are as follows:
- It was a very fun and upbeat show! Everyone was dancing and it was nearly impossible to stand still.
- It was interesting to note which songs (“Infected”) were actually sung by the members of Disclosure, as opposed to them using samples.
- The boys played a variety of instruments. From what I could see, they were shuffling between the bass guitar, the keyboard and the synth drums.
- They played a few new songs which were fun to hear and got the crowd pumped.
- They ended their set fabulously, with their song “Latch” featuring Sam Smith. It was loud and fun and happy.
- The set was shorter than expected.
- They didn’t play some songs that we really hoped to hear, such as “My Intention Is War” and “Blue You.”
- There could have been more “jamming” and instrumentals in between songs to make them transition better.
– Lotanna and Elyse